Family Room Color Scheme

I have owned this rug for about 6, maybe 7 years. I love it! I love the color scheme & the pattern. Design tip: Find a piece that you love & build your room around it! I was able to pull accent colors out of this rug for the living room in my old house and now the basement family room in my new one. 


 I loved the rusty coral of this pillow, which I used for years, however I was never fully satisfied with the pillow in general. I wanted to freshen up my color scheme and give an updated feel to my family room while still keeping the color scheme. Design tip: Many store sell pillow covers in a variety of sizes. Hobby Lobby and Ikea are 2 off the top of my head. This cover was purchased at Hobby Lobby for $6.99. I payed $3.50 for it because every other week or so they are 50% off; just check their website for sales and 40% off coupons. I stuffed my old pillow in this new cover... and voila! A fresh new look for very little money and very little time!

 -B.Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment